With Hirata-san and Ikeda-san.
See pictures in album PR3 Remedying Work.
Today we aimed to test the traverser system, which includes the cabling, the driver and the script.
- We wanted to check the motion of the motors themselves, so we set dial gauges directly onto the moving stages.
- Due to the height of the stages we had to set the dial gauge downwards and use an inspection mirror to read it. See this picture and others in the album. Likely, there's some paralax error in this configuration.
- We had to fix the dial gauge base with C-clamps because its is magnetic and the supposting surface is aluminium.
However, the traverser didn't move as expected. It barely moved and when it did, it moved in an irregular way. We measured the resistances between pins at the adapter ouitside of the chamber for the four motors. Between pins 1 and 9 and between pins 2 and 3 there were resistance values of around 3.4 Ohm. See a table in this notebook page.
We were wondering what's wrong so de decided to check the connections in PRM and PR2. In those suspensions pins 1,2,3,6 and 7 are connected together. Pins 4,5,8 and 9 are not connected to any other pin. Likely the traverser driver only works for PR2 and PRM. We will check tomorrow.