We tested the Traverser actuation from the computer using the new PLC brought from Mitaka.
The 5 pin is moved to 9 pin, then we can actuate all the motors.
How to actuate the Traverser from the computer:
* install python including serial package.
* install the driver for the serial-USB converter.
* insert the USB port from the serial-USB converter from the Traverser satellite box.
* Find the number of the COM port you are using.
* Change the number of the s_fp.port at the line 128 in cont_serial.py to the number of the COM port - 1.
* run cont_serial.py
* [ini, hom, mov,...] > appears, then choose 'ini' for the first time you connect.
*[override, ...] > appears, then choose 'o' if you use cont_serial.py for the first time from your computer, otherwise choose 'r'.
* then you can move to the actuation mode.
choose 'mov' for the actuation.
* [x,y,t,1-6] > appears, then choose the DOF you want to move. x is the tangent axis of the motors. y is the radial axis of the motors. t is the rotation.
* [** + [*]um(mrad) ] > appears, type the length (or degree) you want to move.
* if you want to finish, chose 'ext'. (Some error appears, but do not have to care.)