See pictures in album PR3 Remedying Work.
The goal is to tighten the wire clamps at the sides of the IM with the hope of solving the pitch instability problem.
The procedure we followed was as follows:
- Lock the BF side to the security structure.
- Raise the IRM lock screws brackets to the height of the IRM top panel.
- Lock the IRM from the top panel trying to keep it at the current free-hanging position.
- Lock the IM at the current free-hanging position.
- Lock the RM to the security structure.
- Lock the mirror to the RM.
- Disconect the H2 and H3 OSEM cables and put them on the top panel.
- Remove H2 and H3 OSEM flags.
- Remove the side panels.
- Inspect the clamps visually.
- Tighten the weight holding clamps M6 screws to 10 Nm.
- Tighten the locating clamps M5 screws to 2 Nm.
- Today we reached step 11. Tomorrow we will do step 12 and reassemble the IRM.
- The screws of the locating clamps for the piano wire holding the mirror are not accesible. See this picture.
- Taking advantage that we removed IRM panels, we took pictures of the ballast masses on top of the IM, just in case we need to know their mass values for another task. See the pictures of the day in the album.