With Hirata, Satou and Aso.
See pictures, including pictures of the notebook, at SRM Remedying Work album.
F0 vertical FR motor
- Hirata-san crimped pins to the cables of the limit switches
- We removed the limit switches from their supporting frame and brought them underneath the IP table where the D-sub 9 connector is, and inserted the pins in the connector. See the pin assignment in this picture in Google Photos.
We tested the pin assignment of the switches by looking at the output of each switch on the medm screen (same as in the picture in the previous item):
- Upper switch: R for right in the driver naming convention, brown cable to pin 4, blue cable to pin 9.
- Lower switch: L for left in the driver naming convention, brown cable to pin 3, blue cable to pin 8.
- We also tested the polarity of the motor: a positive number of steps moved the carriage up; this is opposite to what I had measured before and reported in klog 15272; we need to double check.
- We put the D-sub 9 connector back to its holder once we decided we didn't want to change the place of the pins.
F0 yaw stepper motor
- This work was done by replacing the existing motor assembly without the limit switches with one with the limit switches.
- We weight of the assembly with the limit swtiches is 754 grams.
- We weight of the assembly without the limit swtiches is 653 grams (measured after removal).
- Before removing the old assembly we fixed the yaw position of the suspension with cable ties. See pictures for details.
- In order to keep same yaw position of the suspension upon motor replacement, in the old motor we measured the length of the shaft sticking out from a reference surface and we set the same length in the new motor assembly. See pictures of the notebook for details.
The pin assegnment was tested with the medm screen and goes like this:
- Switch at the shaft side: R for right in driver naming convention, brown cable to pin 4, blue cable to pin 9.
- Switch at the motor side: L for left in driver naming convention, brown cable to pin 3, blue cable to pin 8.
- See a drawing in a photo of the notebook.
We wanted the motor to actuate in positive yaw with a positive number of steps (clockwise rotation of the shaft seen from the shaft side) and achieving this required changing the polarity of the motor via pin reassignment:
- Before: Green to pin 1, gray to pin 6.
- After: Green to pin 6, gray to pin 1.
- We removed 108 grams of ballast mass to compensate for the 101 grams we added with the new motor assembly. There's an extra 7 grams.