Summary Page – https://gwdet.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~controls/summary/day/20191219/
Summary for the day
Better Observing duty cycle compared to the previous day.
- 69,282 second in observing mode
- Duty cycle for the day: 80.18%
- Mean BNS inspiral range of about 7kpc
- Low frequency noise in the strain spectrum, is in a better state compared to December 17.
- Omicron glitch plot shows loud glitches near 3.30UTC 6.30UTC, and 11 UTC. These loud glitches lines up with prominent range instability.
- There are clusters of relatively loud glitches in the region 20.00-21.30 UTC.
As per the klog entry, starting from 8.30UTC, even though the detector was in the observing mode, SR3 was misaligned.
- Checking klog entry and the K1:VIS-SR3_TM_OPLEV_PIT_DIAG_DQ channel, it seems that it returned to the previous position by 11.30UTC.
- Few lockloss can be related to the earthquake happened in different regions throughout the day. Ground motion sensors recorded the same.
Lockloss near 6.30UTC lines up with the large earthquake was happened in Aomori (15.21 JST).
All the ground motion sensor data aligns with the lockloss near 6.30UTC
(for example: https://gwdet.icrr.utokyo.ac.jp/~controls/summary/day/20191219/gif/ixcseis/
Lockloss at 12UTC aligns with variation in the ground motion
(example: https://gwdet.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~controls/summary/day/20191219/gif/exvseis/). Collaborator shift reported the same.
Lockloss at 20.30UTC and corresponding drop in BNS range align with the earthquake happened in Tanegashima region (https://www.jma.go.jp/en/quake/20191219203213493-20052845.html).
Ground motion sensor data supports the same (https://gwdet.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~controls/summary/day/20191219/gif/ixvseis/)
- (see the attched figure for an overview)
K1 HierarchicalVeto (previous day) 1260662418-1260748818 (https://gwdet.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~controls/summary/day/20191218/detchar/hveto/)
- Round 1 Winner: K1:CAL-PCAL_EX_1_PD_TX_V_DQ
- Round 2 Winner: K1:ASC-DHARD_Y_OUT_DQ
- Round 3 Winner: K1:ASC-DHARD_Y_OUT_DQ
- Round 4 Winner: K1:ASC-DHARD_Y_OUT_DQ
Relevant klog entries:
- Earthquake near Aomori: https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=12224
- SR3 misalignment: https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=12234,https://klog.icrr.u-tokyo.ac.jp/osl/?r=12239
FScan plots are not avialble yet. Will add the report later.